Thursday, February 10, 2011

*Praying for patience, verses praying for grace

For years I prayed for patience, thinking it would better help in dealing with my stress. I always had a lot of patience and it seemed the more I asked for patience, the more patience I needed, because all these stressful situations kept popping up in my life.

Then one day a dear friend of mine told me what a priest told her. He said "do not pray for patience for you will bring situations into your life that will need patients, in order to teach you that you already have the patience within you !!

Pray for grace instead, this will ask God, the universe to give you a period of rest, a time of grace. You should notice within the days that follow, that things or areas in your life settle down or slow down, there is less chaos, and more peace within your environment and within yourself !!

Remember to pray for a grace period instead of praying for patience during a stressful period.

Like us on face book.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spirituality-In-You/374228612640313?ref=hl

2 comments:

  1. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. We know these truths in our hearts, but sometimes it takes a while to reach our minds, our consciousness, until living in a state of grace occurs without having to think about it.

    ReplyDelete